Find Your Own Lexus LFA Oil Capacity and Oil Type
The Lexus LFA motor oil capacity differs starting with 14.8 and ending with 14.8 quarts reckoning on the engine code, transmission kind, year of manufacture and even the other features.
Run through the charts listed below to uncover all of the vital peculiarities such as oil type, adequate viscosity, oil change times both for standard and automatic transmissions.
Search oil capacity by Lexus LFA models
2012 Lexus LFA
- Toyota / LR / 1LR / 1LR-GUE
- Oil Capacity - 14.8 quarts
- Oil Viscosity - 0W-20
- Coolant Capacity - 27.0 quarts
- Displacement - 4.8L V10
- Horsepower - 552 HP
- Torque - 354 lb/ft
Want to change your Lexus LFA engine oil by yourself?
It's no secret that you need regular oil changes to keep your Lexus LFA engine running smoothly. The recommended change interval is once every 5,000 to 6,000 miles or every 7 to 8 months, whichever comes first.
Usually, people take their cars to a service to perform this operation, but you can change the oil on your Lexus LFA yourself - it only takes half an hour, but it will save you money.
To change the oil in the engine of your Lexus LFA, you will need the following things: engine oil (see the table above for the necessary viscosity and volume), an oil filter, a set of wrenches, air filter, a container for the old oil, and some rag.
The oil change order is as follows:
- Let the engine warm-up: Let the engine run for a few minutes to warm up the oil. This will help the oil flow out of the engine more easily. Don't let the engine run too long - if the oil overheats, you could burn yourself while changing it. 3 to 5 minutes of idling is enough.
- Locate the oil drain plug: This is typically located on the bottom of the engine. Place the drain pan underneath the plug.
- Remove the drain plug: Loosen and remove the drain plug using a wrench or socket set. Be careful, as the oil will begin to flow out immediately.
- Allow the oil to drain: Allow the oil to drain completely into the drain pan. This may take a few minutes. Unscrew the oil filler cap to allow the oil to drain faster.
- Remove the oil filter: Using a filter wrench, loosen and remove the oil filter. Allow any remaining oil to drain into the drain pan.
- Replace the oil filter: Install the new oil filter, and lubricate the rubber gasket with fresh oil before tightening it.
- Install the drain plug: Once the oil has finished draining, reinstall the drain plug and tighten it securely.
- Add new oil: Using a funnel, add oil to the engine through the oil filler cap. Check the chart above for the correct amount and type of oil to use.
- Check the oil level: After adding new oil, check the oil level using the dipstick. Add more oil if necessary.
We recommend changing your Lexus LFA air filter whenever you change your oil. Over time, it becomes clogged with dirt, dust, and other debris, negatively affecting engine performance. The process of changing it is straightforward.
- Find where the air filter is installed in your Lexus LFA, open the cover, remove the old filter, and install the new one. Close the air filter cover.
- Start the engine: Let it run for a few minutes, checking for any leaks.
- Dispose of the old oil: Pour it into a sealable container and take it to a recycling center or automotive service facility that accepts used oil.
Crescent 180 Pc. Professional Tool Set i...
- The Crescent Professional Tool Set has a newly designed 72T quick release ratchet
- Carefully selected assortment of hand tools for most industrial, mechanical, and consumer applications
- Get incredible access from combination wrenches with narrow heads, adjustable wrenches and pliers, and low profile head quick release ratchets all in this tool...
Craftsman Mechanic Tool Set, 215 Piece, ...
- MINIMAL ARCH SWING: 72-tooth 1/4 in. and 3/8 in. Drive Ratchets produce a 5-degree arc swing. Ideal balance between access and durability.
- VERSATILE: Comprehensive set of 1/4 in., 3/8 in. Drive Sockets and Drive Tool Accessories.
- EASY TOOL STORAGE: Large portable metal toolbox with ball-bearing drawers.
- DURABLE: Full-polish chrome for...
Craftsman Mechanic Tool Set, 230 Piece w...
- TACKLE A VARIETY OF PROJECTS: Complete automotive jobs and general mechanic fixes with this heavy-duty, 230-piece all-in-one mechanic tool set
- OPEN AND CLOSE THE DRAWERS WITH ONE HAND as you work with a spring-loaded locking dial that locks the drawers when not in use
- DESIGNED FOR CONVENIENCE: Drawers can be...
DEWALT Mechanics Tool Set, 1/4" & 3/8" &...
- 72 tooth count ratchet providing a 5 degree arc swing for maneuverability in restricted areas
- Anti-slip driver handle provides maximum comfort
- Housed in a durable carrying case with metal latches
- Full-polish chrome for corrosion resistance
DEWALT Mechanics Tools Kit and Socket Se...
- Socket sets include 72 tooth count ratchets which allow for a 5 degree arc swing for maneuverability in restricted areas
- Ratchets include a low profile directional lever to help reduce catch points and for easy one-handed operation of the mechanics tool set
- Mechanics tools have full polish chrome finish for...
Amazon Basics Mechanic's Tool Set with C...
- Mechanic tool kit and socket set for tackling multiple sizes and types of fasteners, especially nuts and bolts
- Includes a 201-piece set that combines most popular sockets, wrenches, hex keys, and screwdriver bits
- Both metric and SAE sizes included
- Chrome-vanadium steel forged body for torque, strength, and durability
- Full polished-chrome...
Oil Filter Wrenches
Eastyard Universal Oil Filter Wrench Adj...
- Universal Tool - This oil filter removal tool fits oil filters ranging from 60mm to 98mm (Oil filters Range 2-3/8 inch to 3-7/8 inch). A removable 3/8-inch reducer is available for larger clearance and can be used with a 3/8-inch square drive tool.
- 3 Jaw Design - Eastyard "claw" type...
Premium 12" Adjustable Oil Filter Pliers...
- Enhanced Leverage - 12" long handle with non-slip red grip ensures extra contact and leverage, making it easier to reach tight spaces.
- Secure Fit - Lock nuts significantly reduce loosening under vibration and torque, making these adjustable oil filter wrench pliers a must-have for any automotive mechanic.
- Versatile Usage -...
Rough Country 2.5" Suspension Lift Kit f...
- Give your F-150 the Perfect Blend of Performance, Protection, and Style from Rough Country.
- Unmatched Ground Clearance | Premium N3 Shock Absorbers the Best in Performance for On and Off-Road Use.
- Levels the front with the rear of the vehicle
- Easy at Home Installation and Support Provided by RC. Gives...
WORKPRO 12" Adjustable Oil Filter Pliers...
- Tips: Bent Angle Design For Easier Use; Little Oil For Rust Protection
- High Carbon Steel For Strength And Reliability; Permalock Fastener Eliminates Nut And Bolt Failure
- Fits Filters From 2-3/8 To 4-1/2 Inches (60 To 102 Millimeters) In Diameter
- Soft, Nonslip Red Grips Offer Extra Reach And Leverage In Tight...
Lisle 63600 Oil Filter Tool,U.S.,2-1/2 -...
- Fits Filters from 2 1/2" to 3 1/8".
- This extra large range enables the 63600 wrench to fit most all import car filters plus the common 3" domestic car filters.
- Steel jaws grip filter without slipping. Works in tight spots from the front of the filter using 3/8" drive.
EFFICERE 12-Inch Premium Oil Filter Wren...
- [PREMIUM QUALITY]: Industrial grade chrome vanadium steel construction with oil and corrosion resistant black finish provides maximum strength to withstand daily heavy uses and ensure durability
- [FIT VARIOUS SIZES]: Fits oil filters from 2-3/8 inch to 4-1/2 inch, or from 60mm to 115mm, in diameter, for all brands of domestic...
Lexus LFA specs
|Gas tank size|