Which GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic has highest ground clearance?
Interested to know how far your GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic sits above the ground?
The GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic ground clearance is measured between 12.1 inches to 13.6 inches depending on the trim and model year.
As specified in the charts below, the Sierra 2500HD Classic enjoyed the highest ground clearance of 13.6 inches in 2007.
As a rule, you will find a higher ride height in the Sierra 2500HD Classic’s of higher trims.
Compare GMC cars' ground clearance values by choosing the year of manufacture and trim levels below!
Search ground clearance by GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic models
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic
- Ground clearance – 12.1 - 13.6 in / 307 - 345 mm
- Wheelbase – 133 - 167 in / 3378 - 4242 mm
- Front track – 68.6 in / 1742 mm
- Rear track – 66 in / 1676 mm
- Car length – 224.5 - 258.5 in / 5702 - 6566 mm
- Car width – 79.7 in / 2024 mm
Off-roading is always exciting. Breathtaking landscapes, trails that have probably never been trod on before, a sense of harmony and solitude with nature. But it’s only seems romantical to you, while at the same time your car is under incredible strain. The fact that you can damage body parts on branches or rocks would be the least of your worries.
If the ground clearance of your GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic is low, it means that the distance between the bottom of your car and the ground will not be sufficient, and you risk getting stuck in the first deep hole or puddle, the depth of which was underestimated in advance. Therefore, if you decided to test yourself away from civilization, you should think about increasing the ground clearance of your GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic.
If you are the owner of a body-on-frame SUV or pickup truck - you are lucky - you can increase ground clearance by installing a lift kit or leveling kit - it will greatly increase the distance between the bottom of the car and the ground - sometimes even more than 2 times! Unfortunately, this method is not applicable to most vehicles - if your vehicle has no frame at the base, this method of modification will not work for you. However, you can increase ground clearance in another way - install the larger rims and bigger tires - it may be insignificant, but it will help you when driving where there are no roads.
Here are some extra tips to help you prepare your vehicle for off-roading:
- Check your tires: Make sure your tires are properly inflated and in good condition. Consider upgrading to off-road tires that have deeper treads for better traction on rough terrain.
- Protect the undercarriage: Install skid plates and other undercarriage protection to prevent damage to vital components such as the oil pan, transmission, and transfer case.
- Upgrade the suspension: A more robust suspension system will help absorb the shock of rough terrain, and allow your vehicle to flex more without damage.
- Add recovery gear: Equip your vehicle with recovery gear such as a winch, tow straps, and shackles in case you get stuck and need help getting out.
- Check fluids and brakes: Make sure all of your fluids are at the proper levels and that your brakes are in good condition.
- Bring extra supplies: Bring extra fuel, water, fuel and food in case of emergencies.
- Know your vehicle's limits: Be aware of your vehicle's capabilities and limitations, and always drive within your skill level.
Crescent 180 Pc. Professional Tool Set i...
- The Crescent Professional Tool Set has a newly designed 72T quick release ratchet
- Carefully selected assortment of hand tools for most industrial, mechanical, and consumer applications
- Get incredible access from combination wrenches with narrow heads, adjustable wrenches and pliers, and low profile head quick release ratchets all in this tool...
Craftsman Mechanic Tool Set, 215 Piece, ...
- MINIMAL ARCH SWING: 72-tooth 1/4 in. and 3/8 in. Drive Ratchets produce a 5-degree arc swing. Ideal balance between access and durability.
- VERSATILE: Comprehensive set of 1/4 in., 3/8 in. Drive Sockets and Drive Tool Accessories.
- EASY TOOL STORAGE: Large portable metal toolbox with ball-bearing drawers.
- DURABLE: Full-polish chrome for...
Craftsman Mechanic Tool Set, 230 Piece w...
- TACKLE A VARIETY OF PROJECTS: Complete automotive jobs and general mechanic fixes with this heavy-duty, 230-piece all-in-one mechanic tool set
- OPEN AND CLOSE THE DRAWERS WITH ONE HAND as you work with a spring-loaded locking dial that locks the drawers when not in use
- DESIGNED FOR CONVENIENCE: Drawers can be...
DEWALT Mechanics Tool Set, 1/4" & 3/8" &...
- 72 tooth count ratchet providing a 5 degree arc swing for maneuverability in restricted areas
- Anti-slip driver handle provides maximum comfort
- Housed in a durable carrying case with metal latches
- Full-polish chrome for corrosion resistance
DEWALT Mechanics Tools Kit and Socket Se...
- Socket sets include 72 tooth count ratchets which allow for a 5 degree arc swing for maneuverability in restricted areas
- Ratchets include a low profile directional lever to help reduce catch points and for easy one-handed operation of the mechanics tool set
- Mechanics tools have full polish chrome finish for...
Amazon Basics Mechanic's Tool Set with C...
- Mechanic tool kit and socket set for tackling multiple sizes and types of fasteners, especially nuts and bolts
- Includes a 201-piece set that combines most popular sockets, wrenches, hex keys, and screwdriver bits
- Both metric and SAE sizes included
- Chrome-vanadium steel forged body for torque, strength, and durability
- Full polished-chrome...
GARAGE BOSS GB320 Briggs and Stratton Ga...
- Fit Type: Universal Fit
SureCan 5 Gallon Type-II Safety Gasoline...
- Helps fill all equipment, no awkward bending, tipping, or holding required.
- DIMENSIONS: (D x W x H): 13.1 x 10.24 x 15.61 inches
- FLEXIBLE ROTATING SPOUT: The spout is located on the bottom of the can making refueling painless.
- SMOOTH & CONTROLLED FLOW: Self-venting for smooth fuel flow and spill-free...
Winado 20L 5 Gallon Metal Gas Can Fuel T...
- 【5 Gallon Large Capacity】 - This 5-gallon (20L) large capacity tank provides you with enough endurance and is very suitable for being put on the car as a backup fuel for your journey. You don't have to worry about the lack of fuel.
- 【Durable & Sturdy Material】 - The fuel...
GARAGE BOSS GB310 Briggs and Stratton Ga...
- Fit Type: Universal Fit
GARAGE BOSS GB351 Briggs and Stratton Pr...
- 5+ Gal of volume is perfect for medium to large size gas powered equipment
- Control flow with simple press button
- Spill control with included spout extension
- EPA and CARB compliant design
- Available in all 50 states
- Integrated flame mitigation technology
No-Spill 1405 2-1/2-Gallon Poly Gas Can
- Thumb button control for precise pouring
- 7/8-inch funnel spout fills even the smallest equipment
- Attached dust cover keeps your spout clean
- Integrated 20 mesh stainless steel screen
GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic specs
|Gas tank size|
|Truck bed size|